Shukhrat Abdurakhmanov, Chief Minister of Andijan region of Uzbekistan, today met Dr.Ranvir Singh — Chairman of Mumbai based Taj Pharmaceuticals. Taj Pharmaceuticals will open a Pharmaceuticals Manufacturing facility in the region Andijan
Uzbekistan eyes to emerge as India’s gateway to Central Asia
Uzbekistan President Shavkat Mirziyoyev will attend Vibrant Gujarat international investment summit as a key guest of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on January 18–20 , with an eye to upgrade ties to a new level opening a new chapter in India’s Central Asia outreach.
This visit comes days after the maiden India-Central Asia and Afghan meet in Samarkand, Uzbekistan last Sunday.
This is the second visit of Mirziyoyev to India during the last four months. State visit of Uzbekistan’s President in October 2018 opened a new chapter in Uzbek-India relations, including wider trade and investment cooperation.
Participation of Uzbekistan in Vibrant Gujarat summit includes government and business level meetings, trade show exhibition, country seminar and the first meeting of Uzbekistan-India Business Council. As Uzbekistan is opening up as an investment destination,Indian businessmen look at the country as a hub for further expansion within the resource rich region. Economic liberalization, rapid political reforms and encouragement of FDI make Uzbekistan an inviting destination for business and investment . Indian companies are exploring investment opportunities in the pharmaceutical , textile , education, IT, tourism and other sectors in Uzbekistan. To attract investments in the pharmaceutical sector, an Uzbek Indian Free Pharmaceutical Zone is being developed in the Andijan region. This project was among 17 agreements that were signed during the Uzbek president’s State visit to India. A direct flight between Tashkent and Mumbai, launched last year, also facilitate s business between western India and Central Asia. Tourists flow from India to Uzbekistan increased 30% for the last year.
High level delegation of Uzbekistan at Gujarat summit includes heads of Investment Committee, Trade Committee, Chamber of C ommerce, Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as more than 60 business owners, CEOs of biggest national and private companies of Uzbekistan.
Country pavilion of Uzbekistan at Gujarat Trade Show will expose large spectrum of industries including automobile, metallurgy, pharmaceutical, construction, IT, banking, textile and leather, machinery, food processing, tourism, education and others.
The country seminar of Uzbekistan will take place on the second day of Vibrant Gujarat forum on January 18, 2019. Special focus will be made on Uzbek Indian Free Pharmaceutical Zone in Andijan region of Uzbekistan . Andijan and Gujarat are developing mutual cooperation within a partnership memorandum.
Uzbekistan-India Business council will also held its first meeting during the Gujarat summit. The launch of Business Council was announced during the State v isit of Uzbekistan president to India in October 2018. T he council facilitate s initiatives pertaining to the promotion of trade and investment, business alliances and possibilities of direct collaboration between companies from both the countries in sectors such as agriculture and agro-processing, health-care, education, textile and apparel, chemicals and pharmaceutical, leather, auto and engineering, energy, gems and jewelry, tourism, amongst others .
The Government of Uzbekistan is working with foreign investment banks and other international financial institutions to realise the vast economic and social reforms. President Mirziyoyev recently signed an ‘Innovative Development Strategy for 2019–2021 and the Road Map for its implementation’. The strategy aims at ‘the development of human capital as the main factor enhancing Uzbekistan’s competitiveness and innovation.’ By implementing this, Uzbekistan plans to join the ranks of 50 advanced countries in the Global Innovation Index by 2030.Dynamics of current development of Uzbekistan is highly acknowledged internationally. The Doing Business 2018 report ranks Uzbekistan 74th among 190 countries. The country has moved 13 places up in and was also included in the ‘Top 10 improvers’, based on reforms undertaken.
Uzbekistan provides most favored nation (MFN) status to 45 countries, including India.Friendly investment environment is based on a reliable legal frame and wide range of guarantees and benefits for investors, including tax incentives, providing land and buildings on attractive terms.
In Uzbekistan, 18 free economic zones (FEZ) have been established with a 30-year operational life and the possibility of a subsequent extension. Seven of them have a pharmaceutical focus.
Company Overview of Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited
Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited manufactures and distributes medicines. The company’s products include prescription solutions, lifesaving drugs, anti-cancer drugs, veterinary products, consumer brands, and CNS drugs. It focuses on medicines of anemia, anxiety disorders, cancer/oncology, ear infections, heart failure, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, influenza, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, obesity, osteoporosis, Parkinson’s disease, pneumonia, transplantation, and common diseases. Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited was founded in 2004 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India.
The Company was listed as one of the few BCG vaccine manufacturers by the Global Market Survey conducted by World Health Organisation in 2017, BCG vaccine which is primarily used against tuberculosis (TB).
The product range includes major generic drugs under therapeutic category such as anti-cancer drugs, CNS drugs; Key category of products includes generic medicines for anemia, anxiety disorders, cancer/oncology, ear infections, hear
heart failure, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, influenza, non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, obesity, osteoporosis, Parkinson’s disease, pneumonia, transplantation and common diseases.Major Known competing brand in India against Ranbaxy’s health supplement capsules Revital is Activital Z, a combination of Vitamins, Minerals and Ginseng.
Ms.Priyanka Singh is nominated for the Pharma Leaders Innovative Woman Entrepreneur of the year 2018.
- ^ “OMICS International — Business & Management Experts”. OMICS International Business & Management Experts.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “RUSSIA BEYOND — Indian drug makers fit into Russia’s pharma strategy”. ALEXANDRA KATZ SPECIALLY FOR RIR. 17 July 2013.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Exclusive TV Interview — Channel TF1 France, Tf1 survey european markets dependence on China and India for medicine supply” (in French). TF1 (France) News Channel. Retrieved 2018–09–30.
- ^ “News on The Economic Times Profile details and more Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited”. The Economic Times. 18 October 2018.
- ^ “Review of the available evidence on Imatinib for Inclusion in the WHO Essential Medicines List as an anti-neoplastic agent — India does not recognize Novartis’ patent exclusivity, and imatinib is available in India from Taj Pharmaceuticals Page 4” (PDF). Dana-Farber Cancer Institute Center for Global Cancer Medicine. 17 July 2013.
- ^ “A Comprehensive Review on Cyclodextrin-Based Carriers for Delivery of Chemotherapeutic Cytotoxic Anticancer — FDA approval for manufacturing of Piroxicam-beta-Cyclodextrin, Nimesulide-beta-cyclodextrin, Aceclofenac-beta-Cyclodextrin generic drugs in regulatory market, and nonregulated market in the year 2009 Drugs”. Bina Gidwani and Amber Vyas *National Center for Biotechnology Information, U.S. National Library of Medicine. 20 March 2013. PMC 4637021.
- ^ “International Consortium for Emergency Contraception (ICEC)”. International Consortium for Emergency Contraception. 18 October 2018.
- ^ “Regulatory Affairs (Research) Taj Pharmaceutical — Minutes of Meeting Council Meeting on Drug & Pharmaceutical September 17, 2013 — The Pharma Times”. The Pharma Times News Bureau. 17 July 2013.
- ^ “Taj Pharma Opens Chemotherapy Plant in Daman With Rs 100 Cr Investment”. News dog. 20 August 2018.
- ^ “Abhishek Kumar Singh, the 21-year-old millionaire in pharmaceuticals industry”Check
|url=value (help). Young Entrepreneurs https://yourstory .com. 22 December 2016.
- ^ “The Economic Times ET Rise details and more Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited”. The Economic Times — Times Internet Limited. 18 October 2018.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “GLOBAL MARKET UPDATE BCG VACCINE — CURRENT MANUFACTURERS BY PQ STATUS WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION — MARKET UPDATE — Working Document — April 2017” (PDF). WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION, Geneva — Switzerland. Retrieved 2017–11–30.
- ^ Jump up to:a b “Bloomberg Company Overview of Taj Pharmaceuticals Limited”. Bloomberg L.P.
- ^ “Taj Pharma receives FDA approval to manufacture Papaverine”. Pharmaceutical Business Review. 21 October 2011.
- ^ “APN NEWS-Health Medical News Taj Pharmaceuticals bags US FDA approval for generic Topiramate Tablets”. APN NEWS. 18 August 2018.
- ^ “Taj Pharmaceuticals Announces Issuance of US Patent for Terfenadine”. News Wire. 5 June 2011.
- ^ “FDA approval of generic version of cancer drug doxorubicin hydrochloride liposome injection is expected to help resolve shortage of drug supply”. APN News. 20 March 2013.
- ^ “Novartis restrains local pharma Cos from making patented diabetes drug”. The Times of India. 6 August 2018.
- ^ “Revital gets a booster dose — Business Standard News”. Business Standard News. 20 January 2013.
- ^ “Pharma Leaders Innovative Woman Entrepreneur of the year 2018”. Pharmaleaders 2018.